Dawn M. Wilson
- ‘Against Imprinting: The Photographic Image as a Source of Evidence’ in Social Research: An International Quarterly Vol 89, Number 4, Winter 2022, pp. 947-969.
- ‘Reflecting, Registering, Recording and Representing: From Light Image to Photographic Picture’ in The Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society Vol 122, Issue 2, July 2022, pp. 141-164
- ‘Invisible Images and Indeterminacy: Why We Need a Multi-stage Account of Photography‘ in the Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism Vol 79, Issue 1, Spring 2021, pp. 161-174
- ‘Photography’ in the Routledge Companion to Aesthetics 3rd edition (eds.) Berys Gaut & Dominic Lopes (2013 London: Routledge) pp.585-595
- ‘Philosophical Scepticism and the Photographic Event’ in Thinking Photography – Using Photography (eds.) Jan-Erik Lundström and Liv Stoltz (2013 Stockholm: Centrum för Fotografi) pp. 99-109.
- ‘Facing the Camera: Self-portraits of Photographers as Artists’ in the Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism (2012) Vol.70 No.1 pp. 56-66
Dawn M. Phillips
- ‘Wittgenstein’s “Picture Theory” and the Aesthetic Experience of Clear Thoughts’ in Image and Imaging in Philosophy, Science and the Arts Vol. 1 (eds.) Richard Heinrich, Elisabeth Nemeth, Wolfram Pichler, David Wagner (2011 Ontos Verlag) pp.143-161
- ‘Wittgenstein’s House at Skjolden: Conservation and Interpretation’ (co-authored with David Connearn) in Ludwig Wittgenstein: Contextualisations of a Genius (eds.) Jan Drehmal and Kristina Jaspers (2011 Junius-Verlag)
- ‘Photography and Causation: Responding to Scruton’s Scepticism’ in the British Journal of Aesthetics (2009) Vol. 49 Issue 4 pp.327-340. This article was anthologised by Routledge in 2017 and, in 2020, selected as one of twelve classic articles for the 60th Anniversary special issue of the BJA.
- ‘Fixing the Image: Re-thinking the ‘Mind-independence’ of Photographs in the Postgraduate Journal of Aesthetics (2009) Vol.6 Issue 2, pp. 1-22
- ‘Automatism, Causality and Realism: Foundational Problems in the Philosophy of Photography’ (co-authored with Diarmuid Costello) in Philosophy Compass 4/1 (2009): pp.1-21
- ‘Film and Photography’ entry (5000 words) for the Encyclopaedia of Time (ed.) H. James Birx (New York: Sage Publications)
- ‘Complete Analysis and Clarificatory Analysis in Wittgenstein’s Tractatus’ (2007) in The Analytic Turn: Analysis in Early Analytic Philosophy and Phenomenology (ed.) Michael Beaney (London: Routledge)
- ‘The real challenge for an aesthetics of photography’ (2007) in Arguing about Art (3rd Edition) Eds. A. Neill and A. Ridley (London: Routledge)
- ‘Clear as Mud’ (2006) in the Journal of Philosophical Research Vol. 31 pp.277-294
- Review of David Finkelstein’s Expression and the Inner in The Philosophical Quarterly (July 2006) Vol. 56 Issue 244 pp.466-468
- ‘The continuity of Wittgenstein’s say-show distinction’ (2005) in The Proceedings of the Durham-Bergen Conference pp.25-37
- ‘What can be shown, cannot be said’: Wittgenstein’s conception of Philosophy in the Tractatus and the Investigations (Ph.D. 2003, University of Durham)